FMCT is committed to increasing access and inclusion for our community’s children and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and other sensory, social, and cognitive disabilities.
To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, dedicated Sensory Friendly performances include:
• Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
• Reductions in flashing or bright lights
• Lights remain on at a low level during the performance
• Audience members are free to talk or move during the show
• Extra staff and volunteer support
• Designated “Quiet Room” and “Take a Break Space”
• Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise canceling
headphones) are available in the lobby before the show
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Families may select their own seats, but if special assistance or a buffer seat is needed, please call 701-235-1901.
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
Instructions and Guides for Parents
Follow the links below for additional information about this
Sensory Friendly performance
View this video from our sponsor, Gate City Bank, about special sensory-friendly performances at FMCT.