FMCT is committed to increasing access and inclusion for our community’s children and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and other sensory, social, and cognitive disabilities.
To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, dedicated Sensory Friendly performances include:
• Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
• Reductions in flashing or bright lights
• Extra staff and volunteer support
• Designated “Quiet Room” and “Take a Break Space”
• Lights remain on at a low level during the performance
• Audience members are free to talk or move during the show
• Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise canceling
headphones) are available in the lobby before the show
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Families may select their own seats, but if special assistance or a buffer seat is needed, please call 701-235-1901.
FMCT is certified with the ND Autism Center
A special Thank You to
Gate City Bank for supporting
our sensory-friendly performances.
Please view this video about sensory-friendly performances at FMCT.